Creating a good-looking, hard-working Email Marketing Campaign has never been easier. When you create a custom website through Hazel Digital Media, you'll find that creating a sleek and effective campaign can be done over the course of a few quick, guided steps.
There are many strategies and approaches you can take when crafting the perfect Email Marketing Campaign – it's a science; it's an art form, and we're dedicating a series here on our blog to unraveling the delicate discipline, so stay tuned as we chip away at the intricacies of it. In the meantime, we'd like to simply tell you now how you may add an image to your campaign. The body of your text must ultimately be strong and informative. But we all know a picture's worth a thousand words, so you may find that a well-placed image can do wonders. Here's how.
- - Start by logging into the backend of your custom website.
- - On the control panel on the left side of the screen, click Email Marketing.
- - Then click Email Campaigns.
This will begin a 5-step process that will guide you through the course of customizing your campaign, from templates to recipients, and everything in between.
This post is about step #4: Content.
After you've input all the details, chosen your recipients, and outfitted your email in the perfect template, you'll get to the content page, where you'll begin to lay out the words and pictures of your message. On the WYSIWYG editor, you'll notice two rows of buttons at the top that make up the toolbar. On the top row, locate the Image Manager button.
In the dialogue box that pops up next, you'll be presented with an overview of your custom website's folders and files. By using the Image Manager, you'll be able to upload a picture from your computer into your custom website's infrastructure, so that if you want to re-use the image at a later time, you won't have to upload it again – it'll be there waiting for you.
The first thing to do is click on the folder that says newsletter-images. Then click the button that says Upload File(s) at the top of the Image Manager dialogue box.
- - Choose folder to upload to: Leave at newsletter-images.
- - Select file to upload to server: click Select, and a new box will appear.
- Here you will be prompted to choose the image file from your computer. You may click the Add button in the Image Manager dialogue box to upload multiple files at once. When all of your files have been selected, click Upload, and they will be copied to the backend of your custom website.
- Important Tip: You should now be looking at the file(s) you have just uploaded. In order for your image to look good in your Email Campaign, it must take up the entire width of the screen. You'll need to resize it so that the width is 550 pixels.
- To do this, click the image file in the Image Manager dialogue box. A preview should appear just to the right. Beneath that preview, click the button that says Resize.
- - In the text box that says Width, enter 550.
- - Don't change anything in the Height text box.
- - Make sure Pixels are chosen as the Dimension Unit
- - Also make sure that the next two boxes are check-marked (Constrain Proportions & Overwrite file with the same name). Then click Save, and your file should now automatically fit perfectly into your message.
Finally, click on your file, click Insert at the bottom of the dialogue box, and you're all set. Now you've got an image that's guaranteed to be the perfect size, at your disposal no matter what device you're using to access your custom website's backend.
After that, proceed with the content and layout of your message. When you're done, you'll be prompted to preview your work. After confirming that everything looks as sleek as it ought to, you're ready to fire it off into cyberspace.
For more information on crafting the perfect Email Marketing Campaign, please reference Part One and Part Two of our Email Marketing series, and stay tuned as we continue to explore the science of it. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to Call or Contact Us to ask a question or learn more about the endless functionality of your HDM custom website.